6 days of Spectacular Mountains, Grand Tour by Minibus of the Alps: Gran Paradiso, Monte Bianco, Monviso and Valle Maira
The incredible mountains of Piedmont and Valle d'Aosta, from the Gran Paradiso Park to the Fenestrelle Fortress, from the Monviso Valleys to the Maira Valley, with a full day on the Mont Blanc Sky Way
This Grand Tour of the Alps is an extraordinary journey to get to know the varied faces of the spectacular mountains of Piedmont and Valle d'Aosta, and is designed to make the real mountain environment, with its glaciers, natural parks and wild animals really accessible to all.
From Torino we will start our journey towards the Gran Paradiso national park and its breathtaking views on the Colle del Nivolet, we will discover the Aosta Valley getting on the Mont Blanc with the Sky Way cable car up to 3600 meters of Punta Hellbronner , we will discover the Fenestrelle Fort, an incredible piece of architecture, with its 3000 meters of fortification and over 4000 steps (which only the most daring will decide to tackle).
In the second part of the trip we will move to the pristine valleys of southern Piedmont, where the mountain environment is silence and contemplation. We will taste the mountain polenta, we will take the time to fill our eyes with enchanting landscapes like Val Maira, with its Occitan hamlets of unmistakable character, the green highlands and marmots, or the Valleys of Monviso, the Stone King that dominates the classic skyline of Piedmont.
There will also be a visit to a winery, the tasting of the heavenly Castelmagno cheese on gnocchi, and the discovery of the Morenic Amphitheater of Ivrea, the footprint of the ancient Balteo glacier that characterizes these areas.
Thanks to our agile minibus and a small group of 8 travelers we will be able to offer you a unique experience, authentic and suitable for everyone, a way to enjoy the mountains in peace and relaxation.
Alessandro is a sportsman and a team player: soccer, tennis, beach volley, baseball, basketball, even poker, if there is a game you'll find him there. Self-made guitarist, fearless snowboarder, his manners are sweet and his humour will charm you. The last to go to sleep, the first to wake up in the morning to take his dog for a walk and get ready, perfectly groomed. He drives smoothly and knows every road in our beautiful Piemonte.
Never without: a ball to play with
Favourite quote: "I can draw horses very well"
We want you to savour the best of Italian hospitality, and we are not talking about fake-luxury hotels that all look the same. We will take you to places with character, authentic little B&Bs where you will sleep well and you will taste home made pies for breakfast, mountain lodges with stunning views, or particularly interesting hotels with a story to tell.
All rooms will have private bathrooms, and breakfast is always included.
We will choose for every departure the best solution considering the season and our guests' needs, and we'll send you the complete information via email before the start of the tour.
For example, one of our favourite places is La Ida Bed & Breakfast in Villareggia, our hometown, where our friend Sara, an architect and a painter, welcomes her guests with authentic kindness.
We want you to be comfortable during the trip while we explore hills and mountains, lakes and villages. So, we looked for something sturdy but elegant, flexible and spacious. For the Minibus tours we use a Fiat Ducato, with room up to 8 travellers plus Alessandro driving. It features:
- free wifi
- internal audio system
- air conditioned (personalized cool and warm air distribution)
- single seats adjustable backrest angle, padded armrests and 3-point seatbelts
- modular and flexible configuration
- high roof so you can stand inside
- overhead luggage compartments
We also have a smaller and more agile Ford Tourneo, with 9 roomy seats, brand new and with all the same comforts.
We guarantee you will like our minibuses!
This tour is perfect for solo travellers:
- we take care of everything
- you are independent and can choose whether and when to share meals and your free time with the group
- you get to know people from all around the world in a small group
We'll start with a coffee (yes, real espresso!) or a juice and pastry, get to know the group, and by the time we jump on board and start exploring you'll be among friends.
So, solo travellers are very welcome on our tours, and if you are ok with sharing a double/triple room with other members of the group we'll send you an email after the booking and you will tell us your preferences (e.g. girl ok to share a bedroom with other girls only, etc).
If however you prefer us to book a single room for you, it is available during the reservation process for an additional fee..
If there are no other solo travellers in your tour or if there is no possibility to match your preferences (or your roommates happen to snore too much!), your single room will be on us, no additional charge will be required.
All our tours are directly made by us, Giroola Srl, via Amorosa 3, 10030 Villareggia (TO) (P.iva 11671600010, Scia 19022017-1520 Suap 9007)
During the tour you'll be covered by our Civil Responsibility Assurance (Reale Mutua Assicurazioni, via Corte d'Appello 1, 10122 Torino, nr.2007/03/2276452).
We adhere to the Guarantee Fund (art.50 Dlgs 23.05.2011 n.79) which can be used by all travellers provided they have a contract in case of bankruptcy or insolvency for the refunding of the price paid. (Fondo Garanzia Viaggi Srl, via Nazionale 60, 00184 Roma, certificate n. A/146.1485/5/2017).
Booking Policy, from the General Terms and Condition for the Sale of Tour Packages:
Acceptance of reservations by Giroola Srl is subject to availability. Reservations will be considered final following confirmation by Giroola Srl, even via e-mail or fax, to the client.
Indications relative to the tour package not contained in the contract documents, brochures or other forms of written communication, will be supplied in time by Giroola Srl prior to the initial starting date in compliance with its duties as envisaged by Legislative . decree n. 79/2011.
Upon booking, a registration fee and a deposit of 25% of the total amount is required. Full payment is due 30 days prior to departure. For reservations made within 30 days of departure, full payment is due upon booking. Lack of payment of the abovementioned sums on the dates established constitutes grounds for cancellation of reservations such as to determine, on the part of Giroola Srl, the right to terminate the contract.
5) TRANSFER OF CONTRACT
The client renouncing the contract may be substituted by another person provided that:
a) Giroola Srl be given written notice at least 4 weekdays prior to the date of departure, together with the necessary personal data of the transferee;
b) The transferee be able to satisfy all the conditions for the fruition of the service ( ex article 10 of Legislative decree n.111/95) and in particular the requisites relative to passports, visas, health certificates;
c) The transferee refund Giroola Srl for all expenses incurred for the transfer of the contract for the sum specified before the transfer.
Moreover, the transferor and the transferee are both accountable for the payment in full of the tour package price as well as for the sum as per item (c) of the present article.
As far as certain types of services are concerned, third party suppliers have the right to refuse the substitution of the transferee, even if effected within the time limit specified as per item (a) of the present article. Giroola Srl will therefore not be held responsible for the eventual non-acceptance of the substitution on behalf of third parties. This non-acceptance shall be notified in good time by Giroola Srl to the parties involved before departure.
In the event of withdrawing from the tour package contract, the client is, in any case, liable for the payment of the tour package price. If withdrawal takes place for reasons beyond those envisaged in article 7 of the present General Terms, the client shall pay, in compliance with ex article 1373, paragraph III, Italian Civil Code, cancellation penalties as specified below:
- 10% of the tour package price within 30 days prior to departure
- 30% of the tour package price from 29 to 18 days prior to departure
- 50% of the tour package price from 17 to 10 days prior to departure
- 75% of the tour package price from 9 to 3 weekdays prior to departure
- 100% of the tour package price beyond these terms.
7) WITHDRAWAL OF CLIENT WITHOUT PENALTY
The client may withdraw from the contract, without incurring any penalty, in the following circumstances:
- a significant change of one or more elements of the contract which can be objectively considered as fundamental for the fruition of the tour package in its entirety and proposed by Giroola Srl.
- after the conclusion of the contract itself but prior to departure and not accepted by the client.
In the abovementioned circumstances, the client is entitled to the following options:
- the fruition of an alternative tour package, with no increase in price or with the restitution of the excess in price, if the second tour package costs less than the first;
- the restitution of any sum corresponded as partial payment. Said restitution must be made within seven weekdays from receiving the request for reimbursement.
The client must communicate the decision (to accept the change or to withdraw) within two weekdays from receiving notice of the price increase or change. In the absence of specific notice within the said term, the proposal made by Giroola Srl will be considered accepted. The client who decides to withdraw from the contract before departure for circumstances beyond those listed above shall pay, after deducting the account paid as per article 4, the penalty indicated in article 6.
8) TOUR VARIATIONS
Variations to the tour, requested by the client, after the confirmation of booking, could involve processing expenses for Giroola Srl and at times penalties charged by suppliers. If so, the customer will be charged. Partial withdrawal of some of the travellers under the same contract and the resulting decrease in number of tour members is to be considered partial cancellation and is consequently regulated as stated in article 6.
As specified in our General Conditions of Sale of tourist packages, when you travel with Giroola you are covered by our Civil Liability Insurance. For all that could happen and that was due to our negligence or error, we have signed a policy (Reale Mutua Assicurazioni, nr.2007 / 03/2276452).
There are other insurance policies that we recommend and for which we have chosen to work with Allianz Global Assistance, whose Globy range seems to us to be the most suitable for our travelers:
- TRAVEL CANCELLATION - Our 8-person trips are often full months before the date of travel, and even if our cancellation policy is actually much more flexible than expressed in our Booking Policy (our travelers can attest to this, we are very available to move the trip in case of unexpected even the last minute), where other facilities are involved (hotels, rentals, etc) some expenses are not really refundable, and therefore a good trip cancellation insurance becomes a valuable ally.
- ACCIDENT - with a minimum cost you can be insured against accidents. Our civil liability notwithstanding, something can always happen and even a small accident, as in everyday life, can cost dear in terms of rehabilitation, absence from work, etc.
We at Giroola are an agency of the Globy network of Allianz Global Assistance, and we can therefore provide you with all the information, make estimates and issue the policies directly with the booking.
For any information our Paola is at your disposal at the phone number +39 370 3506333, at the address [email protected] or in the chat directly on this page.
- 6 breakfasts
- Lunch at Bellevue restaurant at the top of Helbronner peak
- Piedmontese ‘merenda sinoira’ with wine tasting
- Castelmagno cheese based lunch, with visit to a cheese laboratory
- Tasting at a craft brewery or a winery
- Transportation for 6 days on our brand new, air conditioned and free wi-fi equipped 9 seats minibus
- 5 night accommodation in B&Bs in double rooms, ensuite bathroom, breakfast included (Single room surcharge: 125 euros total)
- Visit to the Gran Paradiso national park and the Nivolet pass
- Visit to a winery with wine tasting
- Visit of Ivrea
- Ascent by cable car to the Sky Way Mont Banc, with a high altitude lunch at the Bellevue restaurant.
- Visit to the Fenestrelle fort
- Visit to the Pian del Re
- Visit to the village of Ostana
- Visit of the Manta Castle
- Visit to a cheese factory and cheese tasting, with lunch.
- Visit to the sanctuary of San Magno
- Tour by minibus with walks in the Occitan villages of Val Maira