A weekend of walks and good food in Valchiusella, rediscovering the wild herbs
A walk with the Magistre d'Erbe, an excursion to alpine huts, the Herbs dinner, the discovery of the villages: nature and traditional wisdom to learn to recognize mountain herbs
The edible wild herbs, whose secrets are kept and disseminated by the Magistre d'Erbe, cover the meadows of Valchiusella in the month of May, when spring explodes with colors and scents. In the same period, the famous Tome are produced in the high pastures, with a characteristic taste known by the connoisseurs of cheese.
We offer you a journey to discover these delicacies of taste and the extraordinary natural and human environment that make Valchiusella a true treasure of our Piedmont.
We will learn to recognize the herbs during a walk with the Magistre, we will taste them in the famous Herb Dinner at the Centro Restaurant in Vico Canavese, where our guest, Mara, cooks with passion and local produce. We will climb to the mountain pasture on Mount Cavallara to see how the milk is processed and become 'tuma carià' with an unmistakable taste. We will enjoy incredible landscapes: from Monviso, to the Morainic Amphitheater of Ivrea, to Valle d'Aosta.
We will relax in nature looking at the stars in the evening, and we will meet the locals on a slow and relaxed journey, after which we will have discovered that in Valchiusella, inhabited since the dawn of time, time seems to have stopped.
difficulty level:For everyone
Tours in which there are some walking stretches together with other nature discovery activities. Suitable to all travellers.
Alessandro is a sportsman and a team player: soccer, tennis, beach volley, baseball, basketball, even poker, if there is a game you'll find him there. Self-made guitarist, fearless snowboarder, his manners are sweet and his humour will charm you. The last to go to sleep, the first to wake up in the morning to take his dog for a walk and get ready, perfectly groomed. He drives smoothly and knows every road in our beautiful Piemonte.
Never without: a ball to play with
Favourite quote: "I can draw horses very well"
This A weekend of walks and good food in Valchiusella includes:
Transportation by minibus from Turin or Ivrea, with guide and assistance throughout the weekend
visit to the Lake of Meugliano
- walk of the Herbs with the Magistre d'Erbe of the Valchiusella valley
- hike to a mountain hut on Mount Cavallaria with an Environmental Excursion Guide
- demonstration on a mountain pasture of milk processing and
making of the “tuma caria” (Typical Valchiusella valley cheese).
- 1 restaurant lunch
- 1 lunch at the mountain pasture
- 1 dinner with typical menu of wild herbs and local produce
- 2 afternoon snacks
- transport to the starting points of the paths and to the hotel in the evening
- 1 night at the Hotel Centro in Vico Canavese, in a double room with breakfast
The trip includes transportation on our 9-seater minibus with air conditioning and free wifi.
Here are the departure timetables:
- Porta Susa railway station in Torino at 9:30
- Ivrea (TO) railway station at 10:30
The return to Turin is expected at approximately 18.30.
If you want to stay in Turin before or after the tour, or if you want to take advantage of the opportunity to visit Ivrea, an industrial city of the twentieth century included in the Unesco World Heritage, we have some ideas for you :) You can contact Paola ([email protected] - phone 370 3506333) or write to us directly on the site chat clicking here
This tour is perfect for solo travellers:
- we take care of everything
- you are independent and can choose whether and when to share meals and your free time with the group
- you get to know people from all around the world in a small group
We'll start with a coffee (yes, real espresso!) or a juice and pastry, get to know the group, and by the time we jump on board and start exploring you'll be among friends.
So, solo travellers are very welcome on our tours, and if you are ok with sharing a double/triple room with other members of the group we'll send you an email after the booking and you will tell us your preferences (e.g. girl ok to share a bedroom with other girls only, etc).
If however you prefer us to book a single room for you, it is available during the reservation process for an additional fee..
If there are no other solo travellers in your tour or if there is no possibility to match your preferences (or your roommates happen to snore too much!), your single room will be on us, no additional charge will be required.
All our tours are directly made by us, Giroola Srl, via Amorosa 3, 10030 Villareggia (TO) (P.iva 11671600010, Scia 19022017-1520 Suap 9007)
During the tour you'll be covered by our Civil Responsibility Assurance (Reale Mutua Assicurazioni, via Corte d'Appello 1, 10122 Torino, nr.2007/03/2276452).
We adhere to the Guarantee Fund (art.50 Dlgs 23.05.2011 n.79) which can be used by all travellers provided they have a contract in case of bankruptcy or insolvency for the refunding of the price paid. (Fondo Garanzia Viaggi Srl, via Nazionale 60, 00184 Roma, certificate n. A/146.1485/5/2017).
Booking Policy, from the General Terms and Condition for the Sale of Tour Packages:
Acceptance of reservations by Giroola Srl is subject to availability. Reservations will be considered final following confirmation by Giroola Srl, even via e-mail or fax, to the client.
Indications relative to the tour package not contained in the contract documents, brochures or other forms of written communication, will be supplied in time by Giroola Srl prior to the initial starting date in compliance with its duties as envisaged by Legislative . decree n. 79/2011.
Upon booking, a registration fee and a deposit of 25% of the total amount is required. Full payment is due 30 days prior to departure. For reservations made within 30 days of departure, full payment is due upon booking. Lack of payment of the abovementioned sums on the dates established constitutes grounds for cancellation of reservations such as to determine, on the part of Giroola Srl, the right to terminate the contract.
5) TRANSFER OF CONTRACT
The client renouncing the contract may be substituted by another person provided that:
a) Giroola Srl be given written notice at least 4 weekdays prior to the date of departure, together with the necessary personal data of the transferee;
b) The transferee be able to satisfy all the conditions for the fruition of the service ( ex article 10 of Legislative decree n.111/95) and in particular the requisites relative to passports, visas, health certificates;
c) The transferee refund Giroola Srl for all expenses incurred for the transfer of the contract for the sum specified before the transfer.
Moreover, the transferor and the transferee are both accountable for the payment in full of the tour package price as well as for the sum as per item (c) of the present article.
As far as certain types of services are concerned, third party suppliers have the right to refuse the substitution of the transferee, even if effected within the time limit specified as per item (a) of the present article. Giroola Srl will therefore not be held responsible for the eventual non-acceptance of the substitution on behalf of third parties. This non-acceptance shall be notified in good time by Giroola Srl to the parties involved before departure.
In the event of withdrawing from the tour package contract, the client is, in any case, liable for the payment of the tour package price. If withdrawal takes place for reasons beyond those envisaged in article 7 of the present General Terms, the client shall pay, in compliance with ex article 1373, paragraph III, Italian Civil Code, cancellation penalties as specified below:
- 10% of the tour package price within 30 days prior to departure
- 30% of the tour package price from 29 to 18 days prior to departure
- 50% of the tour package price from 17 to 10 days prior to departure
- 75% of the tour package price from 9 to 3 weekdays prior to departure
- 100% of the tour package price beyond these terms.
7) WITHDRAWAL OF CLIENT WITHOUT PENALTY
The client may withdraw from the contract, without incurring any penalty, in the following circumstances:
- a significant change of one or more elements of the contract which can be objectively considered as fundamental for the fruition of the tour package in its entirety and proposed by Giroola Srl.
- after the conclusion of the contract itself but prior to departure and not accepted by the client.
In the abovementioned circumstances, the client is entitled to the following options:
- the fruition of an alternative tour package, with no increase in price or with the restitution of the excess in price, if the second tour package costs less than the first;
- the restitution of any sum corresponded as partial payment. Said restitution must be made within seven weekdays from receiving the request for reimbursement.
The client must communicate the decision (to accept the change or to withdraw) within two weekdays from receiving notice of the price increase or change. In the absence of specific notice within the said term, the proposal made by Giroola Srl will be considered accepted. The client who decides to withdraw from the contract before departure for circumstances beyond those listed above shall pay, after deducting the account paid as per article 4, the penalty indicated in article 6.
8) TOUR VARIATIONS
Variations to the tour, requested by the client, after the confirmation of booking, could involve processing expenses for Giroola Srl and at times penalties charged by suppliers. If so, the customer will be charged. Partial withdrawal of some of the travellers under the same contract and the resulting decrease in number of tour members is to be considered partial cancellation and is consequently regulated as stated in article 6.
- 1 restaurant lunch
- 1 lunch at the alpine hut
- 1 dinner with local products and wild herbs
- 2 breakfasts
- 2 afternoon snacks
- Transportation on our minibus from Turin or Ivrea to Vico Canavese, and transport to the start of the trails
- Overnight stay in double room with breakfast at the Albergo Centro Restaurant in Vico Canavese
- Walk of the herbs with the Magistre D’Erbe, to rediscover and recognize the wild herbs
- Hiking excursion with an Environmental Hiking Guide to Mount Cavallaria
- Demonstration of milk processing and production of 'Tuma Caria' cheese
- Visit to the Lake of Meugliano