A weekend of hiking from Superga to the Abbey of Vezzolano
Slow journey on foot from Turin to Monferrato through the hills of the Po Natural Park
This is a really special hike on the green hills of the Po River Natural Park that connect Turin with the Monferrato area.
Walking without hurry on the paths and on the dirt roads once used for the pilgrimage, in the company of an Environmental Hiking Guide, we will cross in two days the wonderful woods that lead from the Basilica of Superga to the splendid Abbey of Vezzolano.
We will climb with the characteristic Sassi-Superga rack railway to the Church which is the symbol of the city and of the legend of the Grande Torino football club and enjoy a spectacular view of the city before setting off on the paths of the hillside of Torino, we will pass by the Castle of Cinzano, we will enjoy the walk and the company all the way to the picturesque Abbey of Santa Maria di Vezzolano, ancient and precious, surrounded by greenery. In the panoramic and characteristic village of Albugnano we will then enjoy a “merenda sinoira”: a typical cross between a dinner and an afternoon snack.
Relatively short itineraries on paths and dirt roads, with some climbs to be faced without hurry and at the right pace! Ideal for new hikers and for those who want to take up easy hiking again.
A great sports and mountain lover, during the summer you will find him along the trails hiking and mountain biking, and in the winter again there with skis or a snowboard on his feet. Always looking for new routes, he loves good food and good company. When he is not in the mountains you'll find him at the sea side surfing or rehearsing a play with his actor friends.
Never without: a good cup of coffee
Favorite quote: "Sports is the toy department of life"
This tour consists of 2 days of hiking
The meeting is at the Porta Susa Station in Torino at 8.00. From here we will go by Minibus at the start of the Sassi-Superga rack railway to go up to the Basilica and start our hike on the hill.
The tour will end at about 17.00 on the second day, with the evening snack, and then we will return to Turin by minibus.
For any questions about the logistics, or if you want to organize your overnight stay in Turin before or after the trip, Paola is at your disposal at the phone number +39 370 3506333 or at the email address [email protected], or directly by chat on this page
This tour is perfect for solo travellers:
- we take care of everything
- you are independent and can choose whether and when to share meals and your free time with the group
- you get to know people from all around the world in a small group
We'll start with a coffee (yes, real espresso!) or a juice and pastry, get to know the group, and by the time we jump on board and start exploring you'll be among friends.
So, solo travellers are very welcome on our tours, and if you are ok with sharing a double/triple room with other members of the group we'll send you an email after the booking and you will tell us your preferences (e.g. girl ok to share a bedroom with other girls only, etc).
If however you prefer us to book a single room for you, it is available during the reservation process for an additional fee..
If there are no other solo travellers in your tour or if there is no possibility to match your preferences (or your roommates happen to snore too much!), your single room will be on us, no additional charge will be required.
All our tours are directly made by us, Giroola Srl, via Amorosa 3, 10030 Villareggia (TO) (P.iva 11671600010, Scia 19022017-1520 Suap 9007)
During the tour you'll be covered by our Civil Responsibility Assurance (Reale Mutua Assicurazioni, via Corte d'Appello 1, 10122 Torino, nr.2007/03/2276452).
We adhere to the Guarantee Fund (art.50 Dlgs 23.05.2011 n.79) which can be used by all travellers provided they have a contract in case of bankruptcy or insolvency for the refunding of the price paid. (Fondo Garanzia Viaggi Srl, via Nazionale 60, 00184 Roma, certificate n. A/146.1485/5/2017).
Booking Policy, from the General Terms and Condition for the Sale of Tour Packages:
Acceptance of reservations by Giroola Srl is subject to availability. Reservations will be considered final following confirmation by Giroola Srl, even via e-mail or fax, to the client.
Indications relative to the tour package not contained in the contract documents, brochures or other forms of written communication, will be supplied in time by Giroola Srl prior to the initial starting date in compliance with its duties as envisaged by Legislative . decree n. 79/2011.
Upon booking, a registration fee and a deposit of 25% of the total amount is required. Full payment is due 30 days prior to departure. For reservations made within 30 days of departure, full payment is due upon booking. Lack of payment of the abovementioned sums on the dates established constitutes grounds for cancellation of reservations such as to determine, on the part of Giroola Srl, the right to terminate the contract.
5) TRANSFER OF CONTRACT
The client renouncing the contract may be substituted by another person provided that:
a) Giroola Srl be given written notice at least 4 weekdays prior to the date of departure, together with the necessary personal data of the transferee;
b) The transferee be able to satisfy all the conditions for the fruition of the service ( ex article 10 of Legislative decree n.111/95) and in particular the requisites relative to passports, visas, health certificates;
c) The transferee refund Giroola Srl for all expenses incurred for the transfer of the contract for the sum specified before the transfer.
Moreover, the transferor and the transferee are both accountable for the payment in full of the tour package price as well as for the sum as per item (c) of the present article.
As far as certain types of services are concerned, third party suppliers have the right to refuse the substitution of the transferee, even if effected within the time limit specified as per item (a) of the present article. Giroola Srl will therefore not be held responsible for the eventual non-acceptance of the substitution on behalf of third parties. This non-acceptance shall be notified in good time by Giroola Srl to the parties involved before departure.
In the event of withdrawing from the tour package contract, the client is, in any case, liable for the payment of the tour package price. If withdrawal takes place for reasons beyond those envisaged in article 7 of the present General Terms, the client shall pay, in compliance with ex article 1373, paragraph III, Italian Civil Code, cancellation penalties as specified below:
- 10% of the tour package price within 30 days prior to departure
- 30% of the tour package price from 29 to 18 days prior to departure
- 50% of the tour package price from 17 to 10 days prior to departure
- 75% of the tour package price from 9 to 3 weekdays prior to departure
- 100% of the tour package price beyond these terms.
7) WITHDRAWAL OF CLIENT WITHOUT PENALTY
The client may withdraw from the contract, without incurring any penalty, in the following circumstances:
- a significant change of one or more elements of the contract which can be objectively considered as fundamental for the fruition of the tour package in its entirety and proposed by Giroola Srl.
- after the conclusion of the contract itself but prior to departure and not accepted by the client.
In the abovementioned circumstances, the client is entitled to the following options:
- the fruition of an alternative tour package, with no increase in price or with the restitution of the excess in price, if the second tour package costs less than the first;
- the restitution of any sum corresponded as partial payment. Said restitution must be made within seven weekdays from receiving the request for reimbursement.
The client must communicate the decision (to accept the change or to withdraw) within two weekdays from receiving notice of the price increase or change. In the absence of specific notice within the said term, the proposal made by Giroola Srl will be considered accepted. The client who decides to withdraw from the contract before departure for circumstances beyond those listed above shall pay, after deducting the account paid as per article 4, the penalty indicated in article 6.
8) TOUR VARIATIONS
Variations to the tour, requested by the client, after the confirmation of booking, could involve processing expenses for Giroola Srl and at times penalties charged by suppliers. If so, the customer will be charged. Partial withdrawal of some of the travellers under the same contract and the resulting decrease in number of tour members is to be considered partial cancellation and is consequently regulated as stated in article 6.
As specified in our General Conditions of Sale of tourist packages, when you travel with Giroola you are covered by our Civil Liability Insurance. For all that could happen and that was due to our negligence or error, we have signed a policy (Reale Mutua Assicurazioni, nr.2007 / 03/2276452).
There are other insurance policies that we recommend and for which we have chosen to work with Allianz Global Assistance, whose Globy range seems to us to be the most suitable for our travelers:
- TRAVEL CANCELLATION - Our 8-person trips are often full months before the date of travel, and even if our cancellation policy is actually much more flexible than expressed in our Booking Policy (our travelers can attest to this, we are very available to move the trip in case of unexpected even the last minute), where other facilities are involved (hotels, rentals, etc) some expenses are not really refundable, and therefore a good trip cancellation insurance becomes a valuable ally.
- ACCIDENT - with a minimum cost you can be insured against accidents. Our civil liability notwithstanding, something can always happen and even a small accident, as in everyday life, can cost dear in terms of rehabilitation, absence from work, etc.
We at Giroola are an agency of the Globy network of Allianz Global Assistance, and we can therefore provide you with all the information, make estimates and issue the policies directly with the booking.
For any information our Paola is at your disposal at the phone number +39 370 3506333, at the address [email protected] or in the chat directly on this page.
- An additional welcome breakfast
- 2 lunches
- 1 dinner
- transfer from Turin to the Sassi-Superga rack railway
- rack railway trip to the Basilica
- transport to the starting points of the paths
- Luggage transport service at each stage
- 1 night accommodation in B&Bs in double rooms, breakfast included( Single room surcharge: 25 euros total)
- 2 days of trails accompanied by an Environmental Hiking Guide
- - visit to the Abbey of Vezzolano
- evening snack