Tour of Monviso, 4 days of hiking between Italy and France, to discover the Stone King
Magnificent forests, high mountains and the scenic Buco del Viso, the first tunnel in the Alps
The Giro del Monviso is one of the most exciting and scenic treks in the Western Alps, as well as the oldest multi-day itinerary around a peak.
The route runs between Italy and France, in a unique setting that ranges from magnificent woods to high mountain environments in a natural environment protected by two natural parks and with the characteristic crossing of the Buco di Viso, the first tunnel of the Alps open at the end of the 1400s and recently reopened.
The tour consists of 4 days of intermediate level (E) and challenging (EE) hiking, with overnight stay in a different refuge every night to complete the whole route around the Monviso. We will walk in a group of maximum 8 people, and we will accomplish together this beautiful journey in the purest mountains.
Our minibus will assist us to take us from Turin (or from Savigliano - CN) to Pontechianale, and bring us back at the end of the holiday.
The price also includes the night accommodation, and all packed lunches and dinners.
Please note: the route can be modified according to weather and safety conditions. So there might be last minute variations.
Itineraries on steep paths and some technical stretches. An excellent training level is required and to be used to full days of hiking on the trails.
A great sports and mountain lover, during the summer you will find him along the trails hiking and mountain biking, and in the winter again there with skis or a snowboard on his feet. Always looking for new routes, he loves good food and good company. When he is not in the mountains you'll find him at the sea side surfing or rehearsing a play with his actor friends.
Never without: a good cup of coffee
Favorite quote: "Sports is the toy department of life"
This is an itinerant tour, consisting of 4 days of hiking, starting in Pontechianale (CN). We can therefore meet directly there, if it is convenient for you.
If you prefer, we have two other meeting points planned, that we will drive by in our 9 seats Minibus with air conditioning and free wi-fi on the road to Pontechianale:
- Porta Susa railway station in Torino
- Savigliano (CN) railway station
In any case, once the group is established, we will start the day as usual with a welcome breakfast, to get to know each other before leaving for our adventure.
Here are the timetables:
- 5.45 am departure from the Giroola headquarters, Villareggia (TO)
- 6.45 am stop at Turin Porta Susa railway station
- 8:00 am stop at Savigliano train station (CN)
- 9:30 am arrival at Castello di Pontechianale (CN) and stop for breakfast
- 10 am hike departure from Castello di Pontechianale (CN)
The tour will end on the fourth day, at about 4 pm, at the arrival of the trekking at Castello di Pontechianale (CN). From here we will then continue home via Minibus.
All our tours are directly made by us, Giroola Srl, via Amorosa 3, 10030 Villareggia (TO) (P.iva 11671600010, Scia 19022017-1520 Suap 9007)
During the tour you'll be covered by our Civil Responsibility Assurance (Reale Mutua Assicurazioni, via Corte d'Appello 1, 10122 Torino, nr.2007/03/2276452).
We adhere to the Guarantee Fund (art.50 Dlgs 23.05.2011 n.79) which can be used by all travellers provided they have a contract in case of bankruptcy or insolvency for the refunding of the price paid. (Fondo Garanzia Viaggi Srl, via Nazionale 60, 00184 Roma, certificate n. A/146.1485/5/2017).
Booking Policy, from the General Terms and Condition for the Sale of Tour Packages:
Acceptance of reservations by Giroola Srl is subject to availability. Reservations will be considered final following confirmation by Giroola Srl, even via e-mail or fax, to the client.
Indications relative to the tour package not contained in the contract documents, brochures or other forms of written communication, will be supplied in time by Giroola Srl prior to the initial starting date in compliance with its duties as envisaged by Legislative . decree n. 79/2011.
Upon booking, a registration fee and a deposit of 25% of the total amount is required. Full payment is due 30 days prior to departure. For reservations made within 30 days of departure, full payment is due upon booking. Lack of payment of the abovementioned sums on the dates established constitutes grounds for cancellation of reservations such as to determine, on the part of Giroola Srl, the right to terminate the contract.
5) TRANSFER OF CONTRACT
The client renouncing the contract may be substituted by another person provided that:
a) Giroola Srl be given written notice at least 4 weekdays prior to the date of departure, together with the necessary personal data of the transferee;
b) The transferee be able to satisfy all the conditions for the fruition of the service ( ex article 10 of Legislative decree n.111/95) and in particular the requisites relative to passports, visas, health certificates;
c) The transferee refund Giroola Srl for all expenses incurred for the transfer of the contract for the sum specified before the transfer.
Moreover, the transferor and the transferee are both accountable for the payment in full of the tour package price as well as for the sum as per item (c) of the present article.
As far as certain types of services are concerned, third party suppliers have the right to refuse the substitution of the transferee, even if effected within the time limit specified as per item (a) of the present article. Giroola Srl will therefore not be held responsible for the eventual non-acceptance of the substitution on behalf of third parties. This non-acceptance shall be notified in good time by Giroola Srl to the parties involved before departure.
In the event of withdrawing from the tour package contract, the client is, in any case, liable for the payment of the tour package price. If withdrawal takes place for reasons beyond those envisaged in article 7 of the present General Terms, the client shall pay, in compliance with ex article 1373, paragraph III, Italian Civil Code, cancellation penalties as specified below:
- 10% of the tour package price within 30 days prior to departure
- 30% of the tour package price from 29 to 18 days prior to departure
- 50% of the tour package price from 17 to 10 days prior to departure
- 75% of the tour package price from 9 to 3 weekdays prior to departure
- 100% of the tour package price beyond these terms.
7) WITHDRAWAL OF CLIENT WITHOUT PENALTY
The client may withdraw from the contract, without incurring any penalty, in the following circumstances:
- a significant change of one or more elements of the contract which can be objectively considered as fundamental for the fruition of the tour package in its entirety and proposed by Giroola Srl.
- after the conclusion of the contract itself but prior to departure and not accepted by the client.
In the abovementioned circumstances, the client is entitled to the following options:
- the fruition of an alternative tour package, with no increase in price or with the restitution of the excess in price, if the second tour package costs less than the first;
- the restitution of any sum corresponded as partial payment. Said restitution must be made within seven weekdays from receiving the request for reimbursement.
The client must communicate the decision (to accept the change or to withdraw) within two weekdays from receiving notice of the price increase or change. In the absence of specific notice within the said term, the proposal made by Giroola Srl will be considered accepted. The client who decides to withdraw from the contract before departure for circumstances beyond those listed above shall pay, after deducting the account paid as per article 4, the penalty indicated in article 6.
8) TOUR VARIATIONS
Variations to the tour, requested by the client, after the confirmation of booking, could involve processing expenses for Giroola Srl and at times penalties charged by suppliers. If so, the customer will be charged. Partial withdrawal of some of the travellers under the same contract and the resulting decrease in number of tour members is to be considered partial cancellation and is consequently regulated as stated in article 6.
As specified in our General Conditions of Sale of tourist packages, when you travel with Giroola you are covered by our Civil Liability Insurance. For all that could happen and that was due to our negligence or error, we have signed a policy (Reale Mutua Assicurazioni, nr.2007 / 03/2276452).
There are other insurance policies that we recommend and for which we have chosen to work with Allianz Global Assistance, whose Globy range seems to us to be the most suitable for our travelers:
- TRAVEL CANCELLATION - Our 8-person trips are often full months before the date of travel, and even if our cancellation policy is actually much more flexible than expressed in our Booking Policy (our travelers can attest to this, we are very available to move the trip in case of unexpected even the last minute), where other facilities are involved (hotels, rentals, etc) some expenses are not really refundable, and therefore a good trip cancellation insurance becomes a valuable ally.
- HEALTH and ASSISTANCE
We at Giroola are an agency of the Globy network of Allianz Global Assistance, and we can therefore provide you with all the information, make estimates and issue the policies directly with the booking.
For any information our Paola is at your disposal at the phone number +39 370 3506333, at the address [email protected] or in the chat directly on this page.
- 4 breakfasts
- 4 picnic lunches on the trails
- 3 dinners
- transfer from Turin or Savigliano to Pontechianale and back with our minibus
- 3 nights in refuges, with breakfast
- 4 days of trails accompanied by an Environmental Hiking Guide