The Morainic Trail: a slow journey in 8 stages along the Morainic Amphitheater of Ivrea
Among churches and villages in the hills, the lakes, the Serra Morenica and breathtaking views, a real journey of authenticity and slowness
This journey comes from a dream, which we had together with Macchie, Marco Macchieraldo: to take our travelers to walk on the Morainic Amphitheater of Ivrea. A place that for us is home, rich in history, culture and surprising nature that has a lot to offer to those who know where to look.
We have divided the Autumn Morainic trail into 2 parts:
- 4 days on the edge of the Serra moraine, from Andrate to Villareggia, from 27 to 30 September 2019
- 4 days on the Path of erratic boulders, from Villareggia to Brosso, from 4 to 7 October 2019
It is also possible to participate in only one stage, here is the detail of the 8 Stages:
Stage 1 - From Andrate to Magnano - Friday 27th September
Stage 2 - From Magnano to Viverone - Saturday 28 September
Stage 3 - From Viverone to Maglione - Saturday 29 September
Stage 4 - From Maglione to Mazzè - Monday 30 September
Stage 5 - From Mazzè to Montalenghe - Friday 4 October
Stage 6 - From Montalenghe to San Giovanni Pricco - Saturday 5 October
Stage 7 - From San Giovanni Pricco to Alice Superiore - Sunday 6 October
Stage 8 - From Alice Superiore to Brosso - Saturday 7 October
We will meet churches on the hill, erratic boulders, discover exceptional views and taste wine, cheese, biscuits, polenta, we will let the story of local legends, along with the guides of Giroola between surprises and dinners, as in a group of friends.
With our Minibus we will carry all the luggage, and provide assistance to the participants, so that you can better enjoy this fantastic adventure.
Relatively short itineraries on paths and dirt roads, with some climbs to be faced without hurry and at the right pace! Ideal for new hikers and for those who want to take up easy hiking again.
Keen sportsman since childhood, skilled Caribbean dances dancer, electrician in a former life, Marco “il Macchie” is a Nordic Walking Instructor, hiking guide and Environmental Excursion Guide. Deeply in love with the mountains, and committed to show the beauty of this world to the people around him, he will conquer you with his simplicity, and a touch of madness.
Never without: his “Talismacchie”
Personal motto: Dream what you want to dream, go where you want to go, be what you want to be: live!
The total journey will be about 120 km, to be covered in 8 daily stages of about 15 km each.
The itineraries will vary according to the weather conditions, the events planned in the area, the group's preferences: we are at home, we know shortcuts, variations and we have a plan B for any eventuality.
Every morning we will start from Ivrea, our “basecamp” with minibuses to reach the starting point of that day’s stage.
For lunch we will stop in typical restaurants, or we will have the surprise of a pot of steaming polenta waiting for us in the woods.
At the end of the day we will return to Ivrea by minibus (sometimes for dinner, sometimes after dinner).
Travelers can take part in the whole trip, or choose one or more stages, and then finish the journey in a next edition.
Here are the stages of our Morenic Spring Trail, counterclockwise from Brosso to Andrate:
Stage No. 1 - From Brosso to Alice Superiore - Sunday, March 31, 2019
Stage nr.2 - From Alice Superiore to San Giovanni Pricco - Saturday 6 April 2019
Stage nr.3 - San Giovanni Pricco in Montalenghe - Sunday 7 April 2019
Stage nr.4 - From Montalenghe to Mazzè - Saturday 13 April 2019
Stage nr.5 - From Mazzè to Maglione - Sunday 14 April 2019
to end then during the Easter Weekend:
Stage nr.6 - From Maglione to Viverone - Saturday 20 April
Stage 7 - From Viverone to Magnano - Sunday, April 21st
Stage 8 - From Magnano to Andrate - Monday, April 22nd
Here instead is the Autumn Morainic trail, clockwise from Andrate to Brosso:
Stage No. 1 - From Andrate to Magnano - Saturday 5th October
Stage No. 2 - From Magnano to Viverone - Sunday 6 October
Stage nr.3 - From Viverone to Maglione - Monday 7 October
Stage nr.4 - From Maglione to Mazzè - Tuesday 8 October
Stage nr.5 - From Mazzè to Montalenghe - Wednesday 9 October
Stage nr.6 - From Montalenghe to San Giovanni Pricco - Thursday 10 October
Stage nr.7 - From San Giovanni Pricco to Alice Superiore - Friday 11 October
Stage nr.8 - From Alice Superiore to Brosso - Saturday 12 October
This journey consists of 8 days of walking from about 15 km each, to cover the entire Morainic Amphitheater of Ivrea, from Andrate to Brosso.
We will have our base in Ivrea, where we will meet every morning at 9.00 am to leave by minibus at the time of the starting point of the excursion, and we will return to Ivrea at the end of the day by minibus.
In addition to being an important and interesting place (recently included in the Unesco Heritage for its industrial past), Ivrea is easily accessible by train, bus or car, both from Turin and Milan.
Take part in one or more stages
the Morainic Trail will become our fixed appointment, and those who want to participate only in one or more stages can easily do it, and maybe come back next year to finish the journey.
Here are the participation formulas we have thought about:
- Single stage: meeting in Ivrea at 9.00 in the morning, return to Ivrea at 17.00. It includes the accompaniment of an Environmental Hiking Guide, lunch, assistance and transport by minibus. The price is 79 euros per person. This formula is also suitable for those who, living in the area, do not want to spend the night in a hotel, even if they are doing several stages.
- Two Stages: meeting in Ivrea at 9.00 am on the first day, end of the journey at 17.00 on the second day. It includes the accompaniment of an Environmental Hiking Guide for 2 days of walking, 2 lunches, 1 tasting or guided tour included, 1 overnight stay in a B & B in a double room (single supplement 25 euros), assistance and transport by minibus. The price is 249 euros per person.
- Three Stages: meeting in Ivrea at 9.00 am on the first day, end of the trip at 5.00 pm on the third day. It includes the accompaniment of an Environmental Hiking Guide for 3 days of walking, 3 lunches, 1 or 2 1 tastings or guided tours included, 2 nights in a B & B in a double room (single supplement 50 euros), assistance and transport by minibus . The price is 399 euros per person.
The dinners are not understood because we realized that after the ample afternoon snacks, no one wants to eat anymore
To add overnight stays before and after the trip to Ivrea or our Villareggia and for information and reservations our Paola is always available in the chat of this page, or via email at [email protected] or tel. +39 370 3506333.
All our tours are directly made by us, Giroola Srl, via Amorosa 3, 10030 Villareggia (TO) (P.iva 11671600010, Scia 19022017-1520 Suap 9007)
During the tour you'll be covered by our Civil Responsibility Assurance (Reale Mutua Assicurazioni, via Corte d'Appello 1, 10122 Torino, nr.2007/03/2276452).
We adhere to the Guarantee Fund (art.50 Dlgs 23.05.2011 n.79) which can be used by all travellers provided they have a contract in case of bankruptcy or insolvency for the refunding of the price paid. (Fondo Garanzia Viaggi Srl, via Nazionale 60, 00184 Roma, certificate n. A/146.1485/5/2017).
Booking Policy, from the General Terms and Condition for the Sale of Tour Packages:
Acceptance of reservations by Giroola Srl is subject to availability. Reservations will be considered final following confirmation by Giroola Srl, even via e-mail or fax, to the client.
Indications relative to the tour package not contained in the contract documents, brochures or other forms of written communication, will be supplied in time by Giroola Srl prior to the initial starting date in compliance with its duties as envisaged by Legislative . decree n. 79/2011.
Upon booking, a registration fee and a deposit of 25% of the total amount is required. Full payment is due 30 days prior to departure. For reservations made within 30 days of departure, full payment is due upon booking. Lack of payment of the abovementioned sums on the dates established constitutes grounds for cancellation of reservations such as to determine, on the part of Giroola Srl, the right to terminate the contract.
5) TRANSFER OF CONTRACT
The client renouncing the contract may be substituted by another person provided that:
a) Giroola Srl be given written notice at least 4 weekdays prior to the date of departure, together with the necessary personal data of the transferee;
b) The transferee be able to satisfy all the conditions for the fruition of the service ( ex article 10 of Legislative decree n.111/95) and in particular the requisites relative to passports, visas, health certificates;
c) The transferee refund Giroola Srl for all expenses incurred for the transfer of the contract for the sum specified before the transfer.
Moreover, the transferor and the transferee are both accountable for the payment in full of the tour package price as well as for the sum as per item (c) of the present article.
As far as certain types of services are concerned, third party suppliers have the right to refuse the substitution of the transferee, even if effected within the time limit specified as per item (a) of the present article. Giroola Srl will therefore not be held responsible for the eventual non-acceptance of the substitution on behalf of third parties. This non-acceptance shall be notified in good time by Giroola Srl to the parties involved before departure.
In the event of withdrawing from the tour package contract, the client is, in any case, liable for the payment of the tour package price. If withdrawal takes place for reasons beyond those envisaged in article 7 of the present General Terms, the client shall pay, in compliance with ex article 1373, paragraph III, Italian Civil Code, cancellation penalties as specified below:
- 10% of the tour package price within 30 days prior to departure
- 30% of the tour package price from 29 to 18 days prior to departure
- 50% of the tour package price from 17 to 10 days prior to departure
- 75% of the tour package price from 9 to 3 weekdays prior to departure
- 100% of the tour package price beyond these terms.
7) WITHDRAWAL OF CLIENT WITHOUT PENALTY
The client may withdraw from the contract, without incurring any penalty, in the following circumstances:
- a significant change of one or more elements of the contract which can be objectively considered as fundamental for the fruition of the tour package in its entirety and proposed by Giroola Srl.
- after the conclusion of the contract itself but prior to departure and not accepted by the client.
In the abovementioned circumstances, the client is entitled to the following options:
- the fruition of an alternative tour package, with no increase in price or with the restitution of the excess in price, if the second tour package costs less than the first;
- the restitution of any sum corresponded as partial payment. Said restitution must be made within seven weekdays from receiving the request for reimbursement.
The client must communicate the decision (to accept the change or to withdraw) within two weekdays from receiving notice of the price increase or change. In the absence of specific notice within the said term, the proposal made by Giroola Srl will be considered accepted. The client who decides to withdraw from the contract before departure for circumstances beyond those listed above shall pay, after deducting the account paid as per article 4, the penalty indicated in article 6.
8) TOUR VARIATIONS
Variations to the tour, requested by the client, after the confirmation of booking, could involve processing expenses for Giroola Srl and at times penalties charged by suppliers. If so, the customer will be charged. Partial withdrawal of some of the travellers under the same contract and the resulting decrease in number of tour members is to be considered partial cancellation and is consequently regulated as stated in article 6.
As specified in our General Conditions of Sale of tourist packages, when you travel with Giroola you are covered by our Civil Liability Insurance. For all that could happen and that was due to our negligence or error, we have signed a policy (Reale Mutua Assicurazioni, nr.2007 / 03/2276452).
There are other insurance policies that we recommend and for which we have chosen to work with Allianz Global Assistance, whose Globy range seems to us to be the most suitable for our travelers:
- TRAVEL CANCELLATION - Our 8-person trips are often full months before the date of travel, and even if our cancellation policy is actually much more flexible than expressed in our Booking Policy (our travelers can attest to this, we are very available to move the trip in case of unexpected even the last minute), where other facilities are involved (hotels, rentals, etc) some expenses are not really refundable, and therefore a good trip cancellation insurance becomes a valuable ally.
- HEALTH and ASSISTANCE
We at Giroola are an agency of the Globy network of Allianz Global Assistance, and we can therefore provide you with all the information, make estimates and issue the policies directly with the booking.
For any information our Paola is at your disposal at the phone number +39 370 3506333, at the address [email protected] or in the chat directly on this page.