A day of hiking in the Barolo Langhe region
On the Paths of the barolo wine Barolo between Barolo and La Morra, a long walk through vineyards and villages
The name Barolo evokes the full-bodied taste of red wine that takes its name from this village in the Langhe region, and the surrounding landscape is all vineyards, orderly and geometric, which change color with the passing of the seasons, accompanying the growth and maturation of the precious Nebbiolo grape. On this day we will walk the paths through the vineyards between Barolo and La Morra, without forgetting a tasty lunch break, among hill churches like the famous Cappella del Barolo and the picturesque streets of the villages, in the company of an Environmental Hiking Guide.
Elevation gain uphill: 450 meters
Total distance: 11 kilometers
Relatively short itineraries on paths and dirt roads, with some climbs to be faced without hurry and at the right pace! Ideal for new hikers and for those who want to take up easy hiking again.
Salire su una cima e scoprire che il mondo continua senza confini, toccare il cielo e vedere le stelle, la luna il sole. Contemplare il bianco della neve e il silenzio ovattato dell'inverno oppure godere dei colori della primavera, dell'estate e dell'autunno. Sentire la pioggia cadere, vivere in maniera positiva anche le giornate che sembrano non promettere nulla di buono.
Mai senza: caffè
Citazione preferita: "Mancano 20 minuti!"
Classification of difficulty levels for trekking and hiking itineraries:
- Easy (Tourist): relatively short itineraries, on wide paths and flat dirt roads or with slight slopes; lasting 2-3 hours of walking and with a positive vertical gain of maximum 200-250 meters.
- Easy (Tourist): relatively short itineraries, on wide paths and flat dirt roads or with slight slopes; lasting 3-4 hours of walking and with a positive vertical gain of maximum 450-550 meters.
- Intermediate (excursion): itineraries on paths of various kinds, sometimes with marked slopes; lasting 5-6 hours of walking and with a positive difference in height of maximum 900-1000 meters.
- Challenging (Expert Hiking): itineraries that present some technical difficulties, such as rocky ground, slight snowy slopes, exposed sections and in some cases single rocky sections of easy climbing (I and II degree) that require the use of hands; a good rhythm is required and physical preparation must be adequate for a day of continuous walking in the mountains; lasting 8-9 hours of walking and with a positive difference in altitude from 1000 meters upwards.
All our tours are suitable for all ages (let's say from the age of 14 upwards) - the best thing if you have a doubt about the technical difficulties or the length of the route, you can call us and speak directly with your guide who can advise you in the best way based on your experience and your needs.
All our tours are directly made by us, Giroola Srl, via Amorosa 3, 10030 Villareggia (TO) (P.iva 11671600010, Scia 19022017-1520 Suap 9007)
During the tour you'll be covered by our Civil Responsibility Assurance (Reale Mutua Assicurazioni, via Corte d'Appello 1, 10122 Torino, nr.2007/03/2276452).
We adhere to the Guarantee Fund (art.50 Dlgs 23.05.2011 n.79) which can be used by all travellers provided they have a contract in case of bankruptcy or insolvency for the refunding of the price paid. (Fondo Garanzia Viaggi Srl, via Nazionale 60, 00184 Roma, certificate n. A/146.1485/5/2017).
Booking Policy, from the General Terms and Condition for the Sale of Tour Packages:
Acceptance of reservations by Giroola Srl is subject to availability. Reservations will be considered final following confirmation by Giroola Srl, even via e-mail or fax, to the client.
Indications relative to the tour package not contained in the contract documents, brochures or other forms of written communication, will be supplied in time by Giroola Srl prior to the initial starting date in compliance with its duties as envisaged by Legislative . decree n. 79/2011.
Upon booking, a registration fee and a deposit of 25% of the total amount is required. Full payment is due 30 days prior to departure. For reservations made within 30 days of departure, full payment is due upon booking. Lack of payment of the abovementioned sums on the dates established constitutes grounds for cancellation of reservations such as to determine, on the part of Giroola Srl, the right to terminate the contract.
5) TRANSFER OF CONTRACT
The client renouncing the contract may be substituted by another person provided that:
a) Giroola Srl be given written notice at least 4 weekdays prior to the date of departure, together with the necessary personal data of the transferee;
b) The transferee be able to satisfy all the conditions for the fruition of the service ( ex article 10 of Legislative decree n.111/95) and in particular the requisites relative to passports, visas, health certificates;
c) The transferee refund Giroola Srl for all expenses incurred for the transfer of the contract for the sum specified before the transfer.
Moreover, the transferor and the transferee are both accountable for the payment in full of the tour package price as well as for the sum as per item (c) of the present article.
As far as certain types of services are concerned, third party suppliers have the right to refuse the substitution of the transferee, even if effected within the time limit specified as per item (a) of the present article. Giroola Srl will therefore not be held responsible for the eventual non-acceptance of the substitution on behalf of third parties. This non-acceptance shall be notified in good time by Giroola Srl to the parties involved before departure.
In the event of withdrawing from the tour package contract, the client is, in any case, liable for the payment of the tour package price. If withdrawal takes place for reasons beyond those envisaged in article 7 of the present General Terms, the client shall pay, in compliance with ex article 1373, paragraph III, Italian Civil Code, cancellation penalties as specified below:
- 10% of the tour package price within 30 days prior to departure
- 30% of the tour package price from 29 to 18 days prior to departure
- 50% of the tour package price from 17 to 10 days prior to departure
- 75% of the tour package price from 9 to 3 weekdays prior to departure
- 100% of the tour package price beyond these terms.
7) WITHDRAWAL OF CLIENT WITHOUT PENALTY
The client may withdraw from the contract, without incurring any penalty, in the following circumstances:
- a significant change of one or more elements of the contract which can be objectively considered as fundamental for the fruition of the tour package in its entirety and proposed by Giroola Srl.
- after the conclusion of the contract itself but prior to departure and not accepted by the client.
In the abovementioned circumstances, the client is entitled to the following options:
- the fruition of an alternative tour package, with no increase in price or with the restitution of the excess in price, if the second tour package costs less than the first;
- the restitution of any sum corresponded as partial payment. Said restitution must be made within seven weekdays from receiving the request for reimbursement.
The client must communicate the decision (to accept the change or to withdraw) within two weekdays from receiving notice of the price increase or change. In the absence of specific notice within the said term, the proposal made by Giroola Srl will be considered accepted. The client who decides to withdraw from the contract before departure for circumstances beyond those listed above shall pay, after deducting the account paid as per article 4, the penalty indicated in article 6.
8) TOUR VARIATIONS
Variations to the tour, requested by the client, after the confirmation of booking, could involve processing expenses for Giroola Srl and at times penalties charged by suppliers. If so, the customer will be charged. Partial withdrawal of some of the travellers under the same contract and the resulting decrease in number of tour members is to be considered partial cancellation and is consequently regulated as stated in article 6.