“Andar per langa”: a weekend of hiking in the land of Barolo and Barbaresco
Two days of nature, good company and wonderful wine on the langhe hills of Neive, Barbaresco, Barolo and La Morra.
"Andar per langa" is a local expression that means exploring, wandering around and walk in one of the most suggestive areas in all of Piedmont.
Step by step we will cover some of the most scenic itineraries that wind through the hills and among the vineyards of Neive, Barbaresco, Barolo and La Morra, spending two days full of nature, good company and of course excellent wine!
In the company of an environmental excursion guide, we will walk through the hills to explore small villages with their history and wine culture, traditions and authenticity that can still be found in this countryside, once poor and now at the center of the 'slow food' philosophy.
We will indulge in a wine tasting, we will have lunch in typical restaurants and we will climb the Barbaresco tower.
A small slow trip that will surprise you.
Relatively short itineraries on paths and dirt roads, with some climbs to be faced without hurry and at the right pace! Ideal for new hikers and for those who want to take up easy hiking again.
A great sports and mountain lover, during the summer you will find him along the trails hiking and mountain biking, and in the winter again there with skis or a snowboard on his feet. Always looking for new routes, he loves good food and good company. When he is not in the mountains you'll find him at the sea side surfing or rehearsing a play with his actor friends.
Never without: a good cup of coffee
Favorite quote: "Sports is the toy department of life"
This weekend of hiking in the land of Barolo and Barbaresco includes:
- 2 days of trails accompanied by an Environmental Hiking Guide
- transfer from Turin to or Asti and back by our minibus
- transport to the starting points of the paths and to the hotel in the evening
- 1 night in a 3-star hotel or bed and breakfast, in a double room with breakfast (single room supplement: 25 euros total)
- 2 lunches at local restaurants
- 1 dinner
- Wine tasting
- Entrance to the Tower of Barbaresco
This tour consists of 2 days of hiking The first day starts in Barolo, so we can also meet directly there.
If you prefer, we have two other meeting points planned, that we will drive by in our 9 seats Minibus with air conditioning and free wi-fi:
- Porta Susa railway station in Torino
- Asti railway station
In any case, once the group is established, we will start the day as usual with a welcome breakfast, to get to know each other before leaving for our adventure.
Here are the scheduled times:
The tour will end at about 16.30-17.00 pm on Sunday, time of the arrival of the excursion to Barbaresco. From here we will then continue home via Minibus.
This tour is perfect for solo travellers:
- we take care of everything
- you are independent and can choose whether and when to share meals and your free time with the group
- you get to know people from all around the world in a small group
We'll start with a coffee (yes, real espresso!) or a juice and pastry, get to know the group, and by the time we jump on board and start exploring you'll be among friends.
So, solo travellers are very welcome on our tours, and if you are ok with sharing a double/triple room with other members of the group we'll send you an email after the booking and you will tell us your preferences (e.g. girl ok to share a bedroom with other girls only, etc).
If however you prefer us to book a single room for you, it is available during the reservation process for an additional fee..
If there are no other solo travellers in your tour or if there is no possibility to match your preferences (or your roommates happen to snore too much!), your single room will be on us, no additional charge will be required.
All our tours are directly made by us, Giroola Srl, via Amorosa 3, 10030 Villareggia (TO) (P.iva 11671600010, Scia 19022017-1520 Suap 9007)
During the tour you'll be covered by our Civil Responsibility Assurance (Reale Mutua Assicurazioni, via Corte d'Appello 1, 10122 Torino, nr.2007/03/2276452).
We adhere to the Guarantee Fund (art.50 Dlgs 23.05.2011 n.79) which can be used by all travellers provided they have a contract in case of bankruptcy or insolvency for the refunding of the price paid. (Fondo Garanzia Viaggi Srl, via Nazionale 60, 00184 Roma, certificate n. A/146.1485/5/2017).
Booking Policy, from the General Terms and Condition for the Sale of Tour Packages:
Acceptance of reservations by Giroola Srl is subject to availability. Reservations will be considered final following confirmation by Giroola Srl, even via e-mail or fax, to the client.
Indications relative to the tour package not contained in the contract documents, brochures or other forms of written communication, will be supplied in time by Giroola Srl prior to the initial starting date in compliance with its duties as envisaged by Legislative . decree n. 79/2011.
Upon booking, a registration fee and a deposit of 25% of the total amount is required. Full payment is due 30 days prior to departure. For reservations made within 30 days of departure, full payment is due upon booking. Lack of payment of the abovementioned sums on the dates established constitutes grounds for cancellation of reservations such as to determine, on the part of Giroola Srl, the right to terminate the contract.
5) TRANSFER OF CONTRACT
The client renouncing the contract may be substituted by another person provided that:
a) Giroola Srl be given written notice at least 4 weekdays prior to the date of departure, together with the necessary personal data of the transferee;
b) The transferee be able to satisfy all the conditions for the fruition of the service ( ex article 10 of Legislative decree n.111/95) and in particular the requisites relative to passports, visas, health certificates;
c) The transferee refund Giroola Srl for all expenses incurred for the transfer of the contract for the sum specified before the transfer.
Moreover, the transferor and the transferee are both accountable for the payment in full of the tour package price as well as for the sum as per item (c) of the present article.
As far as certain types of services are concerned, third party suppliers have the right to refuse the substitution of the transferee, even if effected within the time limit specified as per item (a) of the present article. Giroola Srl will therefore not be held responsible for the eventual non-acceptance of the substitution on behalf of third parties. This non-acceptance shall be notified in good time by Giroola Srl to the parties involved before departure.
In the event of withdrawing from the tour package contract, the client is, in any case, liable for the payment of the tour package price. If withdrawal takes place for reasons beyond those envisaged in article 7 of the present General Terms, the client shall pay, in compliance with ex article 1373, paragraph III, Italian Civil Code, cancellation penalties as specified below:
- 10% of the tour package price within 30 days prior to departure
- 30% of the tour package price from 29 to 18 days prior to departure
- 50% of the tour package price from 17 to 10 days prior to departure
- 75% of the tour package price from 9 to 3 weekdays prior to departure
- 100% of the tour package price beyond these terms.
7) WITHDRAWAL OF CLIENT WITHOUT PENALTY
The client may withdraw from the contract, without incurring any penalty, in the following circumstances:
- a significant change of one or more elements of the contract which can be objectively considered as fundamental for the fruition of the tour package in its entirety and proposed by Giroola Srl.
- after the conclusion of the contract itself but prior to departure and not accepted by the client.
In the abovementioned circumstances, the client is entitled to the following options:
- the fruition of an alternative tour package, with no increase in price or with the restitution of the excess in price, if the second tour package costs less than the first;
- the restitution of any sum corresponded as partial payment. Said restitution must be made within seven weekdays from receiving the request for reimbursement.
The client must communicate the decision (to accept the change or to withdraw) within two weekdays from receiving notice of the price increase or change. In the absence of specific notice within the said term, the proposal made by Giroola Srl will be considered accepted. The client who decides to withdraw from the contract before departure for circumstances beyond those listed above shall pay, after deducting the account paid as per article 4, the penalty indicated in article 6.
8) TOUR VARIATIONS
Variations to the tour, requested by the client, after the confirmation of booking, could involve processing expenses for Giroola Srl and at times penalties charged by suppliers. If so, the customer will be charged. Partial withdrawal of some of the travellers under the same contract and the resulting decrease in number of tour members is to be considered partial cancellation and is consequently regulated as stated in article 6.
- An additional welcome breakfast
- 2 lunches in typical restaurants
- 1 dinner
- transfer from Turin or Asti in the Langhe area and return
- transport to the starting points of the paths
- 1 nights in a 3-star hotel with breakfast, in a double room (single room supplement: 25 euros total)
- 2 days of trails accompanied by an Environmental Hiking Guide
- entrance to the Tower of Barbaresco
- Wine tasting