2 days of Photo Trekking in October among the foliage in the Maira Valley and the Reserve of Crava Morozzo, a birdwatching paradise
the red heron, the garganey, the pintail, the Night Heron, the Black-winged stilt in the Oasis of Crava Morozzo, the spectacle of the foliage and the migration of the Cranes in Valle Maira
Observing and photographing the protected birdlife in the Oasis of the Madonnina accompanied by an Environmental Hiking Guide passionate about nature photography, then moving to the Natural Park of the Maritime Alps and meeting the Mouflon and the majestic birds of prey, is the program of these two days of immersion in the nature.
In this way we will be able to experience the satisfaction of observing, and photographing, the species in the Protected Area, where their presence is more abundant and 'guaranteed', and at the same time also the thrill of uncertainty, of the search for wildlife in the mountain environment, where luck and climatic conditions both play their parts.
The red heron, the garganey, the pintail, the night heron, the Black-winged stilt in the oasis of Crava Morozzo, the cranes that gather for their migration in the Maira Valley: with a little care and luck, and respect for wildlife, we will be able to capture these extraordinary animals with our eyes and our photo lenses, as well as enjoy the spectacle of the foliage.
The minibus transport service, the possibility to consult manuals and specific guides on the fauna and birdlife, but also on the botanical species present in the area, to learn to recognize the species and their characteristics, the overnight stay in the mountains, the typical dinner and the included lunches complete the Giroola service for this incredible weekend in contact with nature, the first in a series of 3 meetings with Marco Chierici, our passionate and expert guide.
Relatively short itineraries on paths and dirt roads, with some climbs to be faced without hurry and at the right pace! Ideal for new hikers and for those who want to take up easy hiking again.
40 years of passion for the mountains have led him to make it a way of life.
The gaze that stretches from a peak towards the infinite, the color of the flowers, the gurgling bubbling of a stream give indescribable emotions.
He has always been a ski-mountaineering, mountaineering and hiking enthusiast both in summer and in winter. A nature photography lover, the conviviality of a good table and good company are the most beautiful way to end any excursion.
The mountain ... a look towards the sky.
This tour consists of 2 days of hiking and observation of plants and animals.
On Saturday we will meet in Sant'Albano Stura (CN), at the Natural
Reserve of Crava and Morozzo, at 9:30, or at 9:15 at the railways station in Fossano (CN)
At the end of the first day, our minibus will take us to Valle Stura, to Sambuco, where we will spend the evening with a typical dinner and overnight stay, to be already on site for the Sunday excursion.
The minibus will take us back to Fossano after the end of the Sunday excursion (arrival to Fossano around 18.30 - 19.00).
All our tours are directly made by us, Giroola Srl, via Amorosa 3, 10030 Villareggia (TO) (P.iva 11671600010, Scia 19022017-1520 Suap 9007)
During the tour you'll be covered by our Civil Responsibility Assurance (Reale Mutua Assicurazioni, via Corte d'Appello 1, 10122 Torino, nr.2007/03/2276452).
We adhere to the Guarantee Fund (art.50 Dlgs 23.05.2011 n.79) which can be used by all travellers provided they have a contract in case of bankruptcy or insolvency for the refunding of the price paid. (Fondo Garanzia Viaggi Srl, via Nazionale 60, 00184 Roma, certificate n. A/146.1485/5/2017).
Booking Policy, from the General Terms and Condition for the Sale of Tour Packages:
Acceptance of reservations by Giroola Srl is subject to availability. Reservations will be considered final following confirmation by Giroola Srl, even via e-mail or fax, to the client.
Indications relative to the tour package not contained in the contract documents, brochures or other forms of written communication, will be supplied in time by Giroola Srl prior to the initial starting date in compliance with its duties as envisaged by Legislative . decree n. 79/2011.
Upon booking, a registration fee and a deposit of 25% of the total amount is required. Full payment is due 30 days prior to departure. For reservations made within 30 days of departure, full payment is due upon booking. Lack of payment of the abovementioned sums on the dates established constitutes grounds for cancellation of reservations such as to determine, on the part of Giroola Srl, the right to terminate the contract.
5) TRANSFER OF CONTRACT
The client renouncing the contract may be substituted by another person provided that:
a) Giroola Srl be given written notice at least 4 weekdays prior to the date of departure, together with the necessary personal data of the transferee;
b) The transferee be able to satisfy all the conditions for the fruition of the service ( ex article 10 of Legislative decree n.111/95) and in particular the requisites relative to passports, visas, health certificates;
c) The transferee refund Giroola Srl for all expenses incurred for the transfer of the contract for the sum specified before the transfer.
Moreover, the transferor and the transferee are both accountable for the payment in full of the tour package price as well as for the sum as per item (c) of the present article.
As far as certain types of services are concerned, third party suppliers have the right to refuse the substitution of the transferee, even if effected within the time limit specified as per item (a) of the present article. Giroola Srl will therefore not be held responsible for the eventual non-acceptance of the substitution on behalf of third parties. This non-acceptance shall be notified in good time by Giroola Srl to the parties involved before departure.
In the event of withdrawing from the tour package contract, the client is, in any case, liable for the payment of the tour package price. If withdrawal takes place for reasons beyond those envisaged in article 7 of the present General Terms, the client shall pay, in compliance with ex article 1373, paragraph III, Italian Civil Code, cancellation penalties as specified below:
- 10% of the tour package price within 30 days prior to departure
- 30% of the tour package price from 29 to 18 days prior to departure
- 50% of the tour package price from 17 to 10 days prior to departure
- 75% of the tour package price from 9 to 3 weekdays prior to departure
- 100% of the tour package price beyond these terms.
7) WITHDRAWAL OF CLIENT WITHOUT PENALTY
The client may withdraw from the contract, without incurring any penalty, in the following circumstances:
- a significant change of one or more elements of the contract which can be objectively considered as fundamental for the fruition of the tour package in its entirety and proposed by Giroola Srl.
- after the conclusion of the contract itself but prior to departure and not accepted by the client.
In the abovementioned circumstances, the client is entitled to the following options:
- the fruition of an alternative tour package, with no increase in price or with the restitution of the excess in price, if the second tour package costs less than the first;
- the restitution of any sum corresponded as partial payment. Said restitution must be made within seven weekdays from receiving the request for reimbursement.
The client must communicate the decision (to accept the change or to withdraw) within two weekdays from receiving notice of the price increase or change. In the absence of specific notice within the said term, the proposal made by Giroola Srl will be considered accepted. The client who decides to withdraw from the contract before departure for circumstances beyond those listed above shall pay, after deducting the account paid as per article 4, the penalty indicated in article 6.
8) TOUR VARIATIONS
Variations to the tour, requested by the client, after the confirmation of booking, could involve processing expenses for Giroola Srl and at times penalties charged by suppliers. If so, the customer will be charged. Partial withdrawal of some of the travellers under the same contract and the resulting decrease in number of tour members is to be considered partial cancellation and is consequently regulated as stated in article 6.
As specified in our General Conditions of Sale of tourist packages, when you travel with Giroola you are covered by our Civil Liability Insurance. For all that could happen and that was due to our negligence or error, we have signed a policy (Reale Mutua Assicurazioni, nr.2007 / 03/2276452).
There are other insurance policies that we recommend and for which we have chosen to work with Allianz Global Assistance, whose Globy range seems to us to be the most suitable for our travelers:
- TRAVEL CANCELLATION - Our 8-person trips are often full months before the date of travel, and even if our cancellation policy is actually much more flexible than expressed in our Booking Policy (our travelers can attest to this, we are very available to move the trip in case of unexpected even the last minute), where other facilities are involved (hotels, rentals, etc) some expenses are not really refundable, and therefore a good trip cancellation insurance becomes a valuable ally.
- ACCIDENT - with a minimum cost you can be insured against accidents. Our civil liability notwithstanding, something can always happen and even a small accident, as in everyday life, can cost dear in terms of rehabilitation, absence from work, etc.
We at Giroola are an agency of the Globy network of Allianz Global Assistance, and we can therefore provide you with all the information, make estimates and issue the policies directly with the booking.
For any information our Paola is at your disposal at the phone number +39 370 3506333, at the address [email protected] or in the chat directly on this page.
- 2 lunches
- 1 Typical Dinner
- transfer from Sant'Albano Stura and to the Maira Valley on Saturday and return on Sunday on our Minibus
- transport to the starting points of the paths
- 1 night accommodation in B&Bs in double rooms breakfast included( Single room surcharge: 25 euros total)
- 2 days of excursions with bird watching in the naturalistic and wildlife oasis in the Upper Maira Valley, in the company of an Environmental Hiking Guide
- possibility to consult manuals and specific guides on the fauna and bird life, but also on the botanical species of the environment, to learn to recognize the species and their characteristics,