5 days by Ebike and Minibus in the Langhe
3 days by ebike in the most beautiful areas of these enchanted hills, alternating with 2 days by minibus among tastings and discoveries of unusual places
A perfect holiday for those who love nature, good food, and the discovery of fascinating places.
We will alternate ebike days on the hills of great wines with minibus travel days to taste and visit wineries and cheese producers, and rest our legs ... and our lower back!
During the three days on an ebike we will be able to explore the Moscato hills around Canelli, the Langhe del Barolo between Alba, Barolo and La Morra, and then the extraordinary area of Barbaresco and Neive. Three different scenarios, three spectacular days, to end with a dip in the pool in summer and a glass on the terrace watching the vineyards in autumn.
By minibus we will visit wineries, taste cheeses, discover small towns like Roccaverano, Moasca and Murazzano, less known and very fascinating corners, letting ourselves be carried on the winding roads by our agile minibus.
A small group of 8 travelers, to travel just like as with friends, we are waiting for you!
Suitable for everyone, you only need to know how to ride a bike and to want to be on the saddle for the day!
Marco is the head of our biking tours. Master motorbike traveller, he's been everywhere in Europe in the last 16 years, he loves heavy metal music, eating jam directly from the jar with a spoon, living in the country and solving a Rubik's cube in less than 50 seconds. He's got super brains, he has a solution for everything but his stinky socks!
Never without: a Rubik's cube
Favourite quote: "It could be worse... It could be raining!"
This is one of our EASY tours.
We will be riding secondary roads, alternating paved stretches and unpaved sections that might include roots or stones.
This is a real bike ride, a day of outdoor sports, which is why it's important to be fit for it.
We recommend wearing padded cycling shorts as you will be riding for around 4 hours. If you are a frequent rider, remember to bring them with you. If you instead have never used them, re recommend getting a pair. Padded shorts are the biker's best friend (and also of the eBiker), because the legs will hold up well with the electric bike, but a bad “lower back” can really ruin a good day.
In all our eBike tours it is essential to wear a helmet, if you don't have one we can lend it to you. If you rent one of our eBikes, the helmet is included in the price.
We strongly recommend wearing padded cycling shorts as you will be riding for around 4 hours. If you are a frequent rider, remember to bring them with you. If you instead have never used them, re recommend getting a pair.
If you don't own any specific bike / mountain biking clothing, the advice for outdoor days is always: dress "like an onion" (in layers)!
We advise you to wear comfortable clothing, taking into account that, along unpaved stretches, we could encounter some puddles or a bit of mud (and the mountain bikes do not have fenders). So, to sum up:
- the helmet (if you have one, otherwise we will provide you with one of ours)
- sneakers or hiking shoes
- a backpack with a long-sleeved shirt and a rainproof jacket or windproof inside (maybe you won't need them but...!)
- a water bottle for water / mineral salts
We recommend arriving already "dressed for biking", so as to be ready to go. In addition, a tip from our Ale is to carry a spare t-shirt in your backpack, to wear for lunch and / or at the end of the ride when you get back to the car.
We do not own the eBikes ourselves: we work with the best rental companies in Piedmont that, depending on the type of tour we are going to do, provide us with eBikes that are clean, in excellent working order, medium-high range (like Cube, Focus, Haibike, Rossignol, Thok, all equipped with Bosch - Shimano - Yamaha motors) and, importantly, of the correct size.
An electric mountain bike, or e-bike, is a way to deal with paths which normally would not be doable by everyone, and enjoy the road, the landscape and nature.
These are are also called “pedal assist” bikes, because the motor will help the rider in moving, but the rider still has to pedal.
So, by riding an e-bike, someone who is trained can get even further, and beginners can have fun without feeling exhausted straight away.
To understand and get a feel for how much fun and easy to use of these bicycles are, the only solution is to come and try!
For our minibus tours we have chosen a Fiat Ducato, the most spacious in its category: it accommodates up to 8 passengers on individual seats (plus the driver) and guarantees to each traveler their personal space even at full load. We gave him a name, Megamind, and with Alessandro at the helm he will be a perfect traveling companion!
- wifi available for travelers
- a great sound system
- individually adjustable air conditioning
- adjustable rear single seats, padded armrests and 3-point seat belts
- modular and flexible configuration
- high roof so you can stand up inside
We also have a more agile and small Ford Tourneo (this is called Sciapaiar), it has 9 seats as well, spacious, brand new and with all the comforts of the Ducato.
In any case you will like our minibuses, guaranteed by Giroola.
We want you to savour the best of Italian hospitality, and we are not talking about fake-luxury hotels that all look the same. We will take you to places with character, authentic little B&Bs where you will sleep well and you will taste home made pies for breakfast, mountain lodges with stunning views, or particularly interesting hotels with a story to tell.
All rooms will have private bathrooms, and breakfast is always included.
We will choose for every departure the best solution considering the season and our guests' needs, and we'll send you the complete information via email before the start of the tour.
For example, one of our favourite places is La Ida Bed & Breakfast in Villareggia, our hometown, where our friend Sara, an architect and a painter, welcomes her guests with authentic kindness.
All our tours are directly made by us, Giroola Srl, via Amorosa 3, 10030 Villareggia (TO) (P.iva 11671600010, Scia 19022017-1520 Suap 9007)
During the tour you'll be covered by our Civil Responsibility Assurance (Reale Mutua Assicurazioni, via Corte d'Appello 1, 10122 Torino, nr.2007/03/2276452).
We adhere to the Guarantee Fund (art.50 Dlgs 23.05.2011 n.79) which can be used by all travellers provided they have a contract in case of bankruptcy or insolvency for the refunding of the price paid. (Fondo Garanzia Viaggi Srl, via Nazionale 60, 00184 Roma, certificate n. A/146.1485/5/2017).
Booking Policy, from the General Terms and Condition for the Sale of Tour Packages:
Acceptance of reservations by Giroola Srl is subject to availability. Reservations will be considered final following confirmation by Giroola Srl, even via e-mail or fax, to the client.
Indications relative to the tour package not contained in the contract documents, brochures or other forms of written communication, will be supplied in time by Giroola Srl prior to the initial starting date in compliance with its duties as envisaged by Legislative . decree n. 79/2011.
Upon booking, a registration fee and a deposit of 25% of the total amount is required. Full payment is due 30 days prior to departure. For reservations made within 30 days of departure, full payment is due upon booking. Lack of payment of the abovementioned sums on the dates established constitutes grounds for cancellation of reservations such as to determine, on the part of Giroola Srl, the right to terminate the contract.
5) TRANSFER OF CONTRACT
The client renouncing the contract may be substituted by another person provided that:
a) Giroola Srl be given written notice at least 4 weekdays prior to the date of departure, together with the necessary personal data of the transferee;
b) The transferee be able to satisfy all the conditions for the fruition of the service ( ex article 10 of Legislative decree n.111/95) and in particular the requisites relative to passports, visas, health certificates;
c) The transferee refund Giroola Srl for all expenses incurred for the transfer of the contract for the sum specified before the transfer.
Moreover, the transferor and the transferee are both accountable for the payment in full of the tour package price as well as for the sum as per item (c) of the present article.
As far as certain types of services are concerned, third party suppliers have the right to refuse the substitution of the transferee, even if effected within the time limit specified as per item (a) of the present article. Giroola Srl will therefore not be held responsible for the eventual non-acceptance of the substitution on behalf of third parties. This non-acceptance shall be notified in good time by Giroola Srl to the parties involved before departure.
In the event of withdrawing from the tour package contract, the client is, in any case, liable for the payment of the tour package price. If withdrawal takes place for reasons beyond those envisaged in article 7 of the present General Terms, the client shall pay, in compliance with ex article 1373, paragraph III, Italian Civil Code, cancellation penalties as specified below:
- 10% of the tour package price within 30 days prior to departure
- 30% of the tour package price from 29 to 18 days prior to departure
- 50% of the tour package price from 17 to 10 days prior to departure
- 75% of the tour package price from 9 to 3 weekdays prior to departure
- 100% of the tour package price beyond these terms.
7) WITHDRAWAL OF CLIENT WITHOUT PENALTY
The client may withdraw from the contract, without incurring any penalty, in the following circumstances:
- a significant change of one or more elements of the contract which can be objectively considered as fundamental for the fruition of the tour package in its entirety and proposed by Giroola Srl.
- after the conclusion of the contract itself but prior to departure and not accepted by the client.
In the abovementioned circumstances, the client is entitled to the following options:
- the fruition of an alternative tour package, with no increase in price or with the restitution of the excess in price, if the second tour package costs less than the first;
- the restitution of any sum corresponded as partial payment. Said restitution must be made within seven weekdays from receiving the request for reimbursement.
The client must communicate the decision (to accept the change or to withdraw) within two weekdays from receiving notice of the price increase or change. In the absence of specific notice within the said term, the proposal made by Giroola Srl will be considered accepted. The client who decides to withdraw from the contract before departure for circumstances beyond those listed above shall pay, after deducting the account paid as per article 4, the penalty indicated in article 6.
8) TOUR VARIATIONS
Variations to the tour, requested by the client, after the confirmation of booking, could involve processing expenses for Giroola Srl and at times penalties charged by suppliers. If so, the customer will be charged. Partial withdrawal of some of the travellers under the same contract and the resulting decrease in number of tour members is to be considered partial cancellation and is consequently regulated as stated in article 6.
As specified in our General Conditions of Sale of tourist packages, when you travel with Giroola you are covered by our Civil Liability Insurance. For all that could happen and that was due to our negligence or error, we have signed a policy (Reale Mutua Assicurazioni, nr.2007 / 03/2276452).
There are other insurance policies that we recommend and for which we have chosen to work with Allianz Global Assistance, whose Globy range seems to us to be the most suitable for our travelers:
- TRAVEL CANCELLATION - Our 8-person trips are often full months before the date of travel, and even if our cancellation policy is actually much more flexible than expressed in our Booking Policy (our travelers can attest to this, we are very available to move the trip in case of unexpected even the last minute), where other facilities are involved (hotels, rentals, etc) some expenses are not really refundable, and therefore a good trip cancellation insurance becomes a valuable ally.
- HEALTH and ASSISTANCE
We at Giroola are an agency of the Globy network of Allianz Global Assistance, and we can therefore provide you with all the information, make estimates and issue the policies directly with the booking.
For any information our Paola is at your disposal at the phone number +39 370 3506333, at the address [email protected] or in the chat directly on this page.
- 5 breakfasts
- 5 lunches (of which 3 restaurant lunches, a wine tasting and a tasting of goat cheeses)
- Transportation from Turin or Alba on a 9 seater minibus, air-conditioned and equipped with wi-fi
- 2 days of travel by minibus in the Langhe area, as scheduled
- 3 days of ebike trails with a Piedmont Region Bicycle Tour Leader, with transport by minibus to the departure of the excursions and return, in the areas of Canelli and Colline del Moscato, in the Barolo area and in the Barbaresco area.
- 4 night accommodation in B&Bs in double rooms, ensuite bathroom, breakfast included(single room supplement 100 euros for the whole trip)
- Entrance and visit with tasting at the Cathedrals of Wine in Canelli, Cantine Bosca
- Visit and tasting of the Michele Chiarlo Winery in Calamandrana
- Wine tasting at a winery in Dogliani, Cantina Ca’ Noeuva
- Visit to a producer of goat cheeses in Moasca, 'I formaggi di Moasca', with tasting
- Visit to Roccaverano
- Visit to Murazzano